Cherry & Pear Crumble
Nature Valley™ Crunchy Snack Bars are the secret to a sweet and crunchy topping for homemade fruit crumble.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour 20 Minutes
This social sharing feature is not available with your current cookie settings.
You can update your privacy settings to enable this content. Please enable all cookies to use this feature.
- 5 pears (about 800g), peeled, cored and sliced
- 350 g bag frozen pitted dark cherries
- 125 g caster sugar
- 175 g plain flour
- 75 g unsalted butter
- 4 Nature Valley™ Crunchy Roasted Almond Granola Bars, roughly crushed
- 50 g light brown sugar
- Liberte´ Yogurt, any flavour
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 4. In a large bowl, mix the pears, cherries, caster sugar and 2 tablespoons of the flour. Spoon into a 1.5 -litre baking dish and level the surface.
- In a medium bowl, rub the butter and remaining flour together until it resembles the texture of fine breadcrumbs. Alternatively, you could do this in a food processor and pulse until you have the breadcrumb texture. Stir together with the crushed granola and brown sugar, then spoon over the pear mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour or until the top is golden brown and the fruit is tender. If the topping is browning too much, you can cover with foil. Cool slightly, then serve with the yogurt.
- You can use apples instead of pears for an alternative fruit crumble. Also, why not try using frozen summer fruits or cranberries instead of the cherries. Serve with ice cream or custard for a little extra indulgence.